• The use of CARLY RCS products requires that the buyer performs a prior technical validation more specifically as regards the following:
➜ The design of the refrigerating circuit into which the product is integrated
➜ Oils and refrigerants used
➜ The installation operating conditions
➜ The parameters of the installation: charge of the installation, pipes diameters, working pressures and
• Indeed, the installation designers’ responsibility is:
➜ To make sure that all operating equipment items are fitted for their intended use and are compatible with each other.
➜ To ensure that temperature and pressure requirements of the installation are respected, in conformity with the technical features of the product, adding if necessary, a safety valve (the integrator must provide a mean for the recovery of exhaust fumes, in conformity with the regulations in force)
➜ To take the necessary measures in order to avoid liquid hammer.
➜ To ensure that the system works in an almost-static position.
For specific requirements (pressure, temperature), contact CARLY RCS technical service.
• A complete evaluation of the risks must be performed during phases of design, assembling, and installation of the machine.
• As a component manufacturer, CARLY RCS is not liable for coming up with general scope recommendations, and this applies to all types of installations.
Nevertheless, CARLY RCS technical department is at the disposal of the buyer in order to answer their questions and guide them in their choices. But CARLY RCS advices, especially about product selection (selection and technical details tables), are not liable and have no contractual aspect. Indeed, the quantity and the diversity of parameters in an installation and its working conditions are mostly unknown for CARLY, and do not allow a complete study that would enable to make detailed and specific answers.
• Each CARLY RCS component should be carefully selected, in order to meet the requirements of the installation as specifically as possible. In order to do so, see the selection tables established for each family of CARLY components. The recommendations in these tables have been established for regular installations, without any specific requirements. For all other specific cases, it is imperative that you get in touch with CARLY RCS’s technical services, or your distributor’s technical services.
• CARLY RCS components are designed for use with CFCs, HCFCs, HFCs and CO2 as well as with their associated oils and additives; these are non-hazardous refrigerants from group 2 of the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC. CARLY RCS components are not compatible with corrosive, toxic or inflammable substances (according to safety classification and information on refrigerants – Cf EN378-1 Appendix E). CARLY RCS denies all responsibilities for damages subsequent to the use of said refrigerants. It is mandatory to use appropriated refrigerants (fluid or gas), in conformity with the indication on the label of the product.
For the use of CARLY RCS components with refrigerants of group I, type hydrocarbons – Propane R290, Butane R600, Isobutane R600a, Propylene R1270, please contact CARLY RCS technical service.
• CARLY RCS recommends reading its general sales terms and especially the clauses concerning the warranty (report to chapter 117 of CARLY RCS technical catalogue). These general sales terms govern the commercial relationships between CARLY RCS and its customers. They are also detailed on the order confirmations, delivery notes and commercial invoices. They are available as well on request at CARLY RCS company (email@example.com). Sending an order to CARLY RCS implies the acceptation of its general sales terms without restriction, above any other general purchase conditions.
• CARLY components are designed only for thermodynamic installations (refrigeration, air conditioning, heat pumps…).
• CARLY RCS products are in conformity with the European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 2014/68/UE). The products dedicated to be installed on a machine in the meaning of the machine directive 2006/42/CE and coming within category I as maximum (article 9, appendix II) are excluded of the scope of PED 2014/68/UE (article 1§2).
• CARLY RCS components are designed in order to be integrated into fix installations. For an integration into mobile installations (EN 378-2), it is the responsibility of the designer and/or manufacturer of the application to make sure of the right fitting of CARLY components into their application, making qualification tests of the components fitting into their application.
• The label on the products with the CE marking, must remain visible and must not be covered nor damaged.
• A close attention must be paid to intervention areas in order to get a safe and secured working area available.
• Only a skilled personal (EN 13313) trained and initiated to interventions on refrigeration installations and pressure equipment, and with the qualifications required by the regulation of the country of use, is authorized to install CARLY RCS components (See General Assembling Precautions / Specific Procedures of the Technical Catalogue).
• Pressure equipments present some danger. During their handling, it is mandatory to take the necessary safety measures and to wear the individual protections according to the regulation in force.
• Plan a periodical control as often as necessary and in conformity with the regulation in force, of the installation air tightness and of the state of the refrigerant and the oil (moisture, acidity, dirt…) in order not to trouble the efficiency of the installation.
• In the frame of preventive maintenance, check regularly the general aspect and the state of the product, and replace it if necessary.
• It is mandatory to keep the instructions, during all the lifetime of the product.
• CARLY RCS disclaims all responsibility regarding the possible errors and omissions present in the technical catalogues and brochures, or any other document distributed by CARLY RCS.
CARLY keeps the right to modify its manufacturing without prior notice, which is valid for products already upon order, subject that these modifications do not modify the features defined with the customer.